Patients included request for Zorg & ICT
Zorg & ICT is the largest healthcare convention in the Benelux. The event provides an exhibition floor and broad conference program with different IT solutions, experiences and demo’s for the Dutch healthcare market. We believe that IT cares for people. This may sound a little abstract, but IT can help patients and clients to be more included an have more involvement in their own process. It also supports healthcare professionals in doing their daily job. From learning about the human anatomy to researching for new disease treatment methods. But also administrating patients/clients processes or communication between healthcare institutes or with patients/clients at home.
At our event we share and show the newest, best en lessons learned from others with technologies in healthcare. The event is visited by the top-level of healthcare organisations, healthcare professionals and it-professionals working with or in healthcare.
Even though this exhibition is mostly targeted for the healthcare industry. Patients and clients are in this process the essential stakeholder and play more and more an important role in the innovation process and are involved in creating new solutions for the healthcare industry. We would therefore really want to make this event patient included to bring those worlds together.
Zorg & ICT would be pleased if they can be Patients Included accredited. How are we meeting the Charter Commitments of the Patient’s Included Organization?
1. Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics and speakers.
We are advised by members of Stichting IKONE Anne-Miek Vroom and Kristel Schumacher. They support us with our program and provide us patient expert speakers.
2. Patients or caregivers with experience of the issues addressed by the event participate in its delivery, and appear in its physical audience.
Anne-Miek Vroom and Kristel Schumacher (both from IKONE www.ikone.nl) advise us and support us with planning of three presentations given at our event by patient experts from their network, IKONE Patient Expert Team Members. Specific names are not yet confirmed. Also Niek van den Adel writer and motivational speaker will open our opening conference at April 17th. He had a motor accident and speaks a lot about is experiences from this and the medical process afterwards.
3. Travel and accommodation expenses for patients or carers participating in the advertised programme are paid in full, in advance. Scholarships are provided by the conference organisers to allow patients or carers affected by the relevant issues to attend as delegates.
• The costs of travel were budgeted for patient speakers and participants.
• The event is free to visit after registration, but attended patients will receive a VIP ticket which provide a free lunch, free drinks and snacks during the day and a parking ticket.
• Our accommodation is wheelchair-friendly
• Specific request for travel support can be made.
• Patient travel expenses will be paid in full in advance as required by the charter
4. The disability requirements of participants are accommodated. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other programme elements are open to patient delegates.
• Our accommodation is wheelchair-friendly with wide aisles, no obstacles in the event area, lifts and toilets for disabled people.
• Out participating patients will be informed about all the available facilities.
5. Access for virtual participants is facilitated, with free streaming video provided online wherever possible.
We have different arrangements with media parties. Also with a national TV-channel. Therefore different aspects of the event will be published and visible for the audience. Also all presentation slides and recordings made during presentations will be published at our event website. People can also follow us on twitter with the #ZICT and we post frequently on Facebook and LinkedIn.